MMS Friends

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Starhub-1st day

Had dinner and watched SAW with dirtyboy last night. Spent my day worrying about my first day at Starhub.
So, i woke up real early-7am for the record. *grins* took a bus down, surprised me that i was only 5 bus-stops away from destination. What a deal, finding a job near my place! Saves a hell lot of $$ i tell ya, esp since im working on a hour-hour basis. Okie, kinda found my way around to the bldg. Was way too early, so i went up to the 6th floor and waited for Floy. She showed me around-pantry & ladies etc.

The 1st hour, i was paid for sitting around. Cause i had to wait for my real supervisor Laurel to teach me. Finally, i started work at 930+am. Guess she was pretty good a teacher. Except i was pretty careless. So many things to remember and take note. A small mistake i make will costs Starhub to close down. Haha.

I'm at the International Billing department. Small department with important tasks.

Makes me damn nervous i swear. I didnt know anybody. Nobody to talk to except my department people. They're all adults or mature working adults. I am the youngest i believe. Sigh. Hate the environment-still and bounded. I hope i survive though.

Before i left my house, i was wondering what to wear. Then i figured that corporate wont go wrong. Tmr, im so gonna wear jeans. They can fire me if they want and take the trouble to train another newbie. Oh, i look better and sexier in formal office wear than a bikini! O_o

Laurel bought me to lunch at the nearby coffeeshop. She helped me to order WantonMee, wow, i swear its good. Comparable to the one at Kovan! Haha, got to slack for another hour sometime between 3pm to 3.45pm. Then i worked on a file till 5.30pm. Damn, i thought i end work at 6pm?? Dumb-dumb. *farts*

Before i make a move, Laurel asked me if she was too fierce. Of course not, but she wasnt too nice either-when i've made a mistake that is. So... *shrugs* She's afraid i'll quit after today. Haha. But seriously, there're a ton of things to remember and all the steps ARE complicated. The programs aint easy to use as well. Admin is so not for me.

Im so done with the day.. *falls asleep*