MMS Friends

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Day Surgery

Newborn baby!
Looks small but its huge!! and i dunno why is middle portion yellow.
Was trying to peel out the tissues on it..like cleaning a fish's insides, very gross!!

2.45-4pm
Waited for the director/senior consultant.
Not as terrible as Dadee who waited 3 hours for me at the carpark.

4pm
Got dressed in surgical grown, cap and shoes protector.

4.15pm
The injections to numb my gum was a slightly painful procedure.
I was shaking quite badly after that.
My eyes got wrapped because the light is very blinding.

4.20-5pm
Full numb-ness.
The drilling, pushing, digging begins.
Slight pressure every now and then.
The noise produced was scary.
Squeezed my eyes shut.
I heard Dr Phoon saying that one of my tooth was very hard.
Explains why the tooth with 4 roots was drilled into half.
Metal sound..clings clangs..incision..sucking of blood outta my mouth..

5.05pm
Done. They said i've done a good job in keeping calm.
But i doubt so.
My tolerance for pain is so slow it barely exists.
Got up the table feeling a little blur and giddy.
All i could think of is to rush back to car because Dadee was waiting for a long time already.
And i couldnt call him because they made me lock up my stuffs.
And he called Mum because he was worried when he couldn't contact me.

5.10-5.25pm
My wisdom tooth was passed to me in a zip-lock bag.
Bloody.
Raw.
With tissues freshly unrooted, stuck to my teeth.
De-briefing, aftercare procedures were instructed.
My mouth felt weird and numb.
Blood was coming out but i don't feel a thing.

Now:
very very swollen cheeks.
mild discomfort.
allergy to medicine causing my left eyes to swell.
very hungry as well. but have to be careful of intake the next 5 days.
basically the whole experience was kinda weird.
i look like a bull dog right at this very second. i've an oval face, now its just SQUARE! :(
the bleeding lessened but i can't really open my mouth.
ahhh..i can't wait for this to be over.
Mum commented i was crazy enough to pull out all four at one shot.

A big thankyou to Faith, Pamela and Miss Lim for caring! (:
It might be a day surgery only, but i think care and concern aids in my recovery.
See you guys when i've fully recovered.
Buffet!!

Zihui -> hahaha. maybe he see you pretty will be nicer to you (:

Angele -> kids're so fuckedup these days. dont you think!