MMS Friends

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

week 9, day 3


This is my baby bump for the week, not much development or that of a bump.
I am still fighting fatigue, bloatedness and some crazy bouts of morning sickness (not limited to just morning but throughout the day).
I can feel my heart pumping hard even when i sleep, the strange dreams go on and on each night and my skin is really bumpy the past few weeks.

I lie in bed a lot, thinking of names for my little one, praying, watching videos, browsing baby websites, too excited to start shopping. Once the gender is revealed, i assure you the shopping will be crazy. But what's important for myself and the baby right now is to strengthen our relationship with God.

There's a lot going on with the growth and development of the foetus on the 9th week. Uterus is expanding to accommodate the growing peanut, my heart is working overtime to supple oxygen and bloodflow to her, and certainly, my pregnancy hormones are all over the place. Hopefully my placenta takes over the job of nourishing my baby soon so the morning sickness will faded away quick.

Pardon me, i will just call the fetus a 'her' until we know the gender for certain, sometime further in the 2nd trimester.

Pregnancy is hard, its awful with morning sickness. I am still trying to cope with what i eat, which is a major challenge. As much as our body is designed for pregnancy and labour, i am still struggling with the changes. Just have to be very positive about it and listen closely to what my body requires. I believe God will prepare me for this miracle, open up truths from His word that will comfort and challenge me to become even more of the woman, the mother He designed me to be.

I marvel at this miraculous creation He is even forming within me and i am THAT grateful, THAT honoured to be chosen. There's an important task He has laid before me-the gift of motherhood.

What a privilege!

I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born
Jeremiah 1:5

Labels: , , , ,