MMS Friends

Monday, July 20, 2015

Dr Poon King Fu Review

I wish we had known about Dr Poon earlier.
A good friend Amy recommended us to him recently.
He was so reassuring, friendly, and he made us feel comfortable immediately.

Today marks 7 weeks (8 maybe), its always +5 -5 approximately.
Praise the Lord we saw growth, development and heard the heartbeat.
God is so so so good (:

Dr Poon answered our questions patiently, he explained what i should avoid, how the husband can take care of me, i just feel so assured to have him taking care of me now. Grateful and thankful God directed us to the right doctor and friends.

Its better to make an appointment in advance because i got rejected 2 weeks ago. Their schedule was full for the day and i got turned away. Made an appointment to see him at 1045, saw him only at 1115. Wasn't too long a wait but i was super kanchiong to see the little one!! Technology and clinic environment is standard, ultrasound photo turned out very clear. He also checked my Blood Pressure and stomach before the scan. Dr Phua did none of these. I would think there's more privacy as compared to Dr Phua at Kovan.
Dr Poon delivers at Mount E Novena too, so we are definitely excited!!

Dr Poon makes his morning rounds at the hospital before stepping into clinic after 10am.
Some waiting is expected if there are emergencies at the hospitals.

Bottom line, we highly recommend Dr Poon. He's godly, confident and thorough with his explanations without much promptings. I could tell he was equally as happy when he scanned me this morning, he even said Thank God and smiled when he saw the little one. Which made me extra happy to know my doctor is optimistic like we are.

Below is a breakdown of our 1st visit (excludes GST):

Consultation: $80
Scan: $60
Urine test: $5
Medicine: $5-7

I would say it slightly on the pricer side for a neighbourhood clinic.
Almost like Dr Kowa charges over at Mount E.
But we do feel like we are in good hands this time.
Lord, please continue to bless Marcus in his ministry and career so we can afford the checkups :b

As of today, i really detest durians and meat.
Bloatedness and morning sickness continues but it seems much better already.
I experience extreme fatigue on some days. But not a problem since i don't bake on a daily basis. Im positively sure i have a baby bump, its still flat-looking but i feel the difference already. When you are more tone, its harder to see a bump. Will provide a baby bump photo on my next entry after my 10th week checkup. Stay tune!


Update 26 Feb 2016: Dr Poon King Fu is honestly our best decision ever (:
Mention my name (Shanice) if you are going to visit him.
He will be extra extra extra extra friendly with you haha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,