MMS Friends

Monday, April 11, 2005

Papa's 72th bday

Today is Papa's 72th birthday. A pity he is no longer here with us physically. I remembered a year ago whereby we sang him a birthday song at the hospital. He was too weak to say anything, but he was smiling. It hurts. Till today. Him being alive is so surreal to me. I can really feel him holding my hands and talking to me. Grabbing it hard like he doesnt want me to leave him alone. Next thing i know, its a year already. And the thought of him not able to breathe the same air i take in..it just hurts. You left me Papa..

He always told me that the birthday reflected on his i/c aint accurate because during world war II, they dont record the real date you're born. So, the i/c actually reflects a rough date. Nevertheless, we just took it as his birthday. When we sang him the birthday song, he simply look surprised and teared. Perhaps he cant even remember the actual date he was born. Who cares. I miss my Papa..

Im only 18th when i experienced someone i loved dearly, held close to my heart, pass away. No, i havent recovered from it. I dont know how to overcome this grief that comes occassionally now. I just seek comfort in the fact that he'll be safe with God, in the kingkom of Heaven. Love you my dearest Papa..