MMS Friends

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Moulin Rouge

What a spread (for lunch) at Luke's place yesterday! I had 4 servings. *grins* Favourite was the potato salad, im a salad fan ok. Thought his parents were very hospitable and gregarious, he was a good host himself! Thanks, enjoyed myself!

Cabbed down to town with Chris and got makeup done at Taka's Bobbi Brown ($60-fully redeemable). If not for the disgusting complexion, i would've done it myself. Anyway, i didnt really think my promoter Jamie was experienced enough. I preferred the "gay" who made me up for college prom at Isetan. Redeemed the lip balm and eye concealer. I'm sorry the bill came up to $70. =/ Wanted to hit $60 exactly but couldnt cause the products were so weirdly priced.

Now, i shall attempt to narrate my wonderful experience at the Commissioning Ball.

Rushdy came all the way from Shangri La to pick me up from Taka, then to Shangri La again. *roll eyes at my own English* Arrived, felt so frikkin twisted. Maybe cause there were too many babes and hunks. Haha. Oh oh, my fav was this sweet looking girl in a white halter. No, didnt get her number. O_o

Back to the main picture. I cant remember the sequence but the entertainment part was interesting. Fire-eater, balloon-eater (?!) cold jokes, clowns, magic, acrobatics. Still as amazed. I loved this kinda entertainment when i was little. Haha. Rushdy was a good date, at least he tried his best to make me feel belonged and confortable. I admit im a little of a nervous-wreak at this sort of functions.

Food. Shangri La's 9 course meal still not to my taste bud. Imagine ginko and chestnut for desert. Oh, gross. And of course the prawns, really wish i dont have an (skin) allergy problem. Favourite was cold dish, fish and brocolli dish. The reason we didnt pay as much during prom although everything else was similar, was because we had waiters serving us individually for each course.

The Brave/Echo presentation was an eye-opener. Suddenly felt super proud of them. Going through stuff i doubt i'll ever get the chance to do or experience. Now i know Singapore's pretty safe with them around. Haha. I think as much as i loathe army, these 2 years is something u'll want to treasure. The bond and suffering. =)

And so as cheesy as it might sound, im thankful for the chance to be there with you. Enjoyed myself, i really did. And thanks for being such a wonderful date. Although i'll prefer to call you classmate and sister! Haha.