MMS Friends

Thursday, March 04, 2004

National X-country:
It started off with a little rain but when it came to A division, the sky cleared. The weather was considered fine for running. That's one advantage. I thought i recovered from my injury too. Apparently, this was what happened..

The horn sounded. I ran with the middle pack. It was only about 400metres when i felt the strain on my thigh. I have about 3000+metres to cover and i thought im not going to pull through with the pain.

One by one, people from the last pack overtook me. Im no longer the 1st SRJCian.
Audrey, Boonyen, then came Samantha...3 of them overtook me and where about 200metres ahead.

I wanted to give up..i grab my thigh and ran on (with one arm swinging..what the hell..). Competitors who overtook me, cheered me on when they saw me struggle. I was so touched! The weird thing was: the first-aid kiddos along the way didnt care about me. Either they were playing with horse poo-poo or they were looking skywards. Man..

Thanks to QQ, she pushed me to complete the race. If not for her, i would have collapsed some time back. I ran, I cried. The pain was overbearing. But nevertheless, i completed the race and reached the finishing line.

My position on National level was terrible. At least to me..

Many first-aid adults came to me at the finishing line. It's only then, they wrapped my thigh and iced it to prevent further swollening(?). QQ was with me all the time, telling me to bear with the pain while they massaged it for me..and thank you Jiesheng for lending me your hand to squeeze on, offering to carry me up the horrible flights of stairs and all the bottles of water you forced me to drink. Basically, you took care of me like a nice brother. =) Did i missed anyone out? Guys, you were all APPRECIATED by me. =)

Cutting all those nitty-gritty details, we got a free ride out to the bus-stop from ACJC people. Aint they nice to us?? Haha..the frequency for the shuttle bus at Turf City is 30mins..thats why we decided to ask and see if any school bus was willing to drive us out.

Reached Bishan;Junction8 and took our dinner there. They wanted to watch "Something's Gotta Give" but most of us didnt want to cause the show will end at about close to midnight. Still got sch the next day..so my "cousin" sent me home. Accordin to him, he thinks i'll fall into the drain..

That's an experience i wanna share with anyone. Those who have joined competitions would have understand how pressurizing the whole thing was. Your heart rate just keep accelerating! But you know you CANNOT QUIT.

Physical training at the beginning, but it boils down to Mental work at the end. The winner from RJC won my admiration. Check her out on Sports section of today's Straits Times.

And really a big thank you to those who asked about my leg today. I'll be fine. =) Still got competition this Sunday at Sentosa! Please come and support me if you're free okie?? I wanna recover NOW!! haha..

And to my dearies in class, esp Grace, Tirene and Shuyun: Thank you all for supporting me throughout and asking about my injury. It means so so so much to me. =) I dunno if you all will read until here lar..i know its a long entry. Hahaha..

Lit enrichment was really crazy..laughed till i've got gastric!!

Bahaha...also, i drank 3 packets of Milo today..that's $2.10!! -lols-