MMS Friends

Saturday, February 21, 2004

College Road Race
It wasn't easy considering the fact that Audrey (2nd of Girls category) had more supporters than me at the starting line. Where are all my friends??? History seminar, if not they're officials-to escape the race. Haiz..thank God Monica was with me cause the starting line was filled with freshmen..yes..i do feel drowned.

So the horn sounded and i dashed out of school. This J1 tracker was leading..hell, she was running so fast!! I told myself she'll lose her speed in less than 1km. Ok..then i was pacing and leading with Audrey soon after..occassionally Boon Yen catches up with her fantastic stamina. I tell you, both my juniors are really good. Suddenly, Fushan who appeared out of nowhere led us for about 1km. Then, she started having stitch. I know cause she was holding her waist. Obviously its to our advantage cause we can overtake her. But Audrey led for awhile..i have no idea when i overtook Audrey and Fushan.

All i know is that i'm really tired and wanted to give up. It wasn't a breeze running this because i was expecting myself to be 1st. When i saw Audrey and Fushan and Boon Yen so "on" about winning too, i told myself: "Nvm, maybe 2nd, 3rd or 4th also can." You can hear my breathing and panting a mile away..my foot was burning, i was trying to continue opening up my steps. You have no idea whats mental torture at that point of time. Anyways, i just tell myself that i have to be ahead and dont let Audrey catch up with me.

Rememberin what my sister told me: You're tired, your opponents are hell tired as well. It then wasn't a matter of how good that person's stamina is like anymore. Its a mental challenge of willpower and determination.

With that, i pushed myself to the limit and reached the finishing line...1ST. =)

Timing was hell improved due to the stressfulness of the competition. Considering the fact i've only ran the route twice during PE times and timings were 19.20 and 19.27, i think i did great this time with a timing of 17.45. =) Happy? You bet..never have i felt complete joy since a long time!

Wanna thank Grace for remembering me though she wasn't there, she sent me an sms to tell me to get a timing thats below 19mins. I did it babe and im touched because i can feel your concern and support. =) My mom,dad, sisters, maid and good friends were all informed first hand. I really wanted to share my joy and trophies. Such an award is not a product of my own merit know.

Draco didnt win..Kai Kian and i both feel very upset..we will push harder!!

Then again, i dont think i saw coach there. Cause i didnt go for training this entire week..haha..and yupz..im the slacker. Trainings kill me cause i really hate going for it. Now the track team really thinks that Jiesheng, the monkey monkey is my cousin. Haha..good..then they won't think we're too close in the other way. =)

Hmm..this year damn cheapsake lar...feed us with orange juice...where's the more expensive one?? It's Milo im refering to..haha!

Yes yes..i was extremely exhausted after my race when i couldnt feel a shit at my ankle. Thanks to GARY, im well taken care of. =) Haha..why's he in-charge of first-aid actually..kinda ironic to me. haha...ok, but that isnt the point, the point is, he wants me to mention about how he took care of my ankle like a...a....NURSE. =P

My heart-rate has stablised liao..haha..competition's over!! You have no idea how much i hate running x-country..