MMS Friends

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Prom story

Everyone's so busy preparing for Prom04, i believe everyone i see there ought to be prince and princesses. =)) Yes, congrats to Nigel and Mabel.

So, i set out to curl my hair. The woman was like "why, dont like straight hair liao huh". Haha..then sat at the salon for 1/2 hour trying to get those curls right. Before that, i made an appointment at 3pm. They were so busy, i waited for an hour while they turn away numerous number of customers. See?? It's a good salon although it aint as famous as JeanYip, Reds or Toni&guys. Liyu and Jinsheng came to see me.. =))

Then i head down to Shaw and got my make-up done at Bobbi Brown by this gay-look-alike called Ryan. Haha. He was really professional and all..helped me plucked my eyebrows ($15) and i dont know how to describe the entire process but, it was good! My face and skin colour was similar-which was very important..not to have 2 shades/tones. Powder shouldnt be covering up the entire face as well. I'd learnt some make-up tips from him. Haha..figured out it was a challenge doing my face because of the blemishes. Btw, i love Natalie's make-up the best cause it looks so natural on her! I suppose the guys prefer us without make-up on?

Then, it was all done by 6pm. So i went to Orchard Hotel and changed at Grace and Jasmine gang's hotel room. Wow..they had conjoining rooms..aint that cool! -grinz- Left for the hotel at about 650pm. Reached by 7pm and saw Tirene shortly after. Dawdle at the entrance and waited for Xiangjing (her father is so not streetwise). Haha..he doesnt know Orchard well and so they kinda got lost..my fault? =/

Everyone looked resplendent! I probably caught the eyes of those who thought i will never ever wear a dress or put on make-up. Haha. Even Mr Bernard Tan wolf-whistled me..it goes to show how shocked he was. Then all the compliements on me and my dress...of course we all have to be polite and say something nice on such an occassion right? Except this friend of mines called Kimmy who thought i look like an auntie with those flowery prints. -bish-

Digital cameras were flashing all over the place. Dishes after dishes. We paid $85 for this dinner and God damn it! There's no shark's fin?! But the chicken soup was good..it was the only dish i could taste. Pity me someone! The flu and cough and asthma took away my taste buds. =(( But i could taste the saltiness or sweetness of the desert/noodles/coke/meat. Hee...i knocked down 2 glasses of "champaign" in 1/2 hour. Great...its the best place for an ungracious person like Shanice Ng..haha. I rather go to the restroom and chill out. Why? Cause i can sit the way i like without having care if any guy would try to peep in. Then i took some photos with the girls in the restroom resting as well. =)) Toilet got nothing for me to knock over. Haha..sheesh..

The MC was lame and crapish..but i had fun on the dance floor after the dinner was over. A pity i wasnt feeling that well. I won 4th prize from lucky draw. I figured out that if you dont go think about it, you'll be lucky enough to win something. Haha..thanks to Xiangjing for alertin me on my number. Oh, think i can be fortune-teller liao. I casually mentioned to Xiangjing that 1003 would be the grand prize winner. Guess what? Yupz..1003 won 1st prize..and its Shuming's number! I was the first to appear on his digital camera. =)) Come and get ur fortune told today! -winks-

Anyone realised the same BlackEyePeas song running the entire evening? -faintz- I couldnt count the number of glasses of coke i drank though i am having cough and asthma.

Head back to Chinatown cause our shared hotel was there. Taxi-driver dropped us somewhere off the hotel and we walked back. Just 2 girls. We got stared and "hooked up" by 2 uncles. The rest of the guys just fixed their eyes on us. It scared me and Tirene. Probably due to the way we dress and make-up. Maybe they thought we were chickens? Shit..was hell scary..couldnt have protected myself if anything happened then. I hate males!

What happened to my $85?!????!!!! Gone to the hotel, college or prizes??!!!!

Hotel room was small..but the bed's big enough for many people. Woke up for breakfast then slept again with Shuming, Chris and Tirene. Medication can really kill me and make me so ill. On prom night, me and Tirene snuggled together while poor Luke slept at the corner of the bed. Haha..pretty corny. That's what u get with proper guys. Skipped clubbing for once..what a way to end my college life. -groans-

Overall, it was good. As long as u dont think about the money spent. Haha..cause i spent close to 200 bucks for this night (only). Which im not sure if its worth it. But i definitely didnt regret goin. =)) Too bad my entire clique wasnt there. It was good..yea..a final closure to the 2 years. Enough to make up for those "down" times i had in college with bitchy friends or nasty teachers.

I still have those gorgeous curls on me! -smiles- (which means i didnt wash my hair for 3 days?) Hey! It still smells good and the curls are getting looser..which is better! =)) Okies..i promise to wash it soon. -skips-

Thanks for tuning in. Enjoy the photos and do leave a comment to let me know you've been in there with or without my username okies? Love-love..

I dont quite recognise our relationship. Well, better than you not recognising anything!